Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Curse of the Strappy Sandal

Because Los Angeles usually has good weather, I am constantly wondering what appropriate seasonal attire is here. Most other places have weather and seasons and thus you know what to wear to be appropriate, not here. You see people in the summer in UGGs and shorts, and in the Winter flip flops and winter coats. My general rule has always been, no boots in summer, no flip flops in winter, and never never a track suit. However, having just come back from a cold climate and wanting to embrace the look of a tropical climate, last week I wore flat strappy sandals, I broke a rule, and thus the shoes broke on me. I know now that I was wrong. Even though there are no season us Angelinos should still have some rules. Most people will not obey, but hey, most people here wear track suits and Ed Hardy. Anyhow, it got me thinking about resort wear, which I always associate with a hippie de luxe style which is generally a style for all seasons. Is it possible to have resort wear for all seasons? I mean the point of resort wear is for warm climates and for the leisure class. However, what I would like to see is wearable resort wear for the locals of resort towns, beautiful and seasonless. Los Angeles needs something like this, cause the melange that happens in the warm Winter needs help!

No comments:

Post a Comment