Thursday, February 18, 2010

Mrs. Roper - Queen of the Caftans

We cannot discuss caftan fashion without mentioning the Queen - Mrs. Roper from Three's Company. I haven't found a suitable image but I felt that she should not be left out. Also I think that I have a hard time defining caftans versus maxi-dresses, or mumus for that matter. I like caftans and maxi-dresses, and I think that what I have presented this week is a good mix of both. I like to think that the caftan is more 60s/70s inspired and "hippieish" and the maxi dress is more summery and brightly colored. A mumu however is something I consider unflattering and not good. The former are glamorous resort wear or chic summer clothes and a mumu is a mumu no matter where you are.

So keeping that in mind...caftans and maxi-dresses forever and may we never get caught in a mumu. Tomorrow I am going to announce a new Queen of the caftan based on this weeks research (aka searching "caftan," and "Mrs. Roper" on google as well as looking at fashion police websites).

2 comments:

  1. you're right! caftans DO NOT equal Muumuus! Your caftans of Star Trek post cracked me up, btw.

    Carey

    http://corksandcaftans.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for looking! I'll check out your blog!

    ReplyDelete