Wednesday, March 31, 2010

And One More

This is a great Diane Von Furstenberg dress that I got at a Thrift Store in San Pedro California for like 8 dollars, it needed a little mending but now I wear it constantly. As far as the other items, I have been trying to collect knits, and learn more about knitwear from different designers. I received a unique YSL sweater from my boyfriend for my birthday (which I need to photograph) it kind of has an alpine theme strangely enough. The bright orange dresses are both Hong Kong knits which apparently are the mark of quality in vintage clothes, I am still trying to find out more information on that since I always have associated Italy as being the finest knitwear. Anyway the long sleeve dress is from the Pasadena City College flea market and the other Marco Polo dress is from Goodwill. The ESCADA sweater KILLS me, I'm insane for it and the Jil Sander sweater (which retail would be like 800 dollars!) I got at Saint Joseph Thrift Center in Santa Monica California, and the prices are magnificent. I got those sweaters and an H&M dress for 40 bucks. I was one click away from putting the Jil Sander sweater up on ebay but my heart told me it might be my only chance to have such a fine delicate expensive sweater. This is why I will never be a power seller on ebay, I am emotionally attached to my clothes.

1 comment:

  1. Glad I found you. I'm writing a book about my life in the 70s and am looking for images of styles of that time. Today's search was for Betsey Johnson, but I spent a long while happily gazing at all your photos.

    ReplyDelete