Thursday, March 25, 2010

Caftans, Maxi-Dresses, and Gladiator Sandals...Oh My!

I find gladiator sandals as confusing as I find the maxi-dress, an intense love-hate relationship is ours. I just bought my first pair of gladiator(ish) sandals at Forever 21 (of all places), which are braided (I know), and denim (I know! shut up!). The most interesting part of this story is that I can't stop wearing them, I adore them, and now I am on ebay every second looking for more similar sandals. This reminds me of my affair with my first maxi-dress (which I also wore today with my 13.00 sandals).

Needless to say, I am making preparations for summer, the summer of amazing resort wear, caftans, and the hippie de luxe. After all hippie de luxe fashion really shines in the summer and interestingly Forever 21 has great hippie de luxe fashion currently. I found an adorable mini caftan with a beaded collar and made of printed silk. There are also many caftans as well as 60s polyester print mini dresses. I have looked for images on the website with no luck or maybe the clothes just look different on the toddlers modeling them.

2 comments:

  1. This will be the Summer of Erin. LA will buckle under your awesomeness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why no pictures with this posting??

    ReplyDelete