Monday, October 4, 2010

Decorative Arts Museum - Paris


While in Paris, I went to the Decorative Arts Museum which was having a retrospective of contemporary fashion from the 70s and 80s. This is the first part of a two volume retrospective, so the next exhibition will be 90s and 2000s. The 70s-80s portion is closing October 10, but if you are in the area in the next couple days, go and check it out. My favorites were represented YSL (of course), Miyake, Kenzo, Kawakubo, but to my surprise I left totally enamored by Cacharel and Jean Muir. I'm going to have to do more research on them, but the clothes that represented them were stellar. The fashion show that played with the Cacharel exhibit, was fun and gorgeous, it kind of remind me of what Laura Ashley might be like if it was less Little House on the Prairie and more Parisian.

2 comments:

  1. I was reading about this a while back. So great you got to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. - The word verification I had to identify to post my last post was "cathab" Nice.

    ReplyDelete