Thursday, June 24, 2010

Caftan Time with Star Trek!





Awe, cute, it is a tiny Enterprise pendant!

She loves her caftan (really that is what is going on here, she is talking about the luxury of her clothing).

Total de luxe moment.

I was doing some costume research for Star Trek and came across the awesome sheer caftan by William Ware Theiss. The episode is "Catspaw" which stars Antoinette Bower as Sylvia. Sylvia is an alien who usually takes the form of a cat but takes the form of a human so she can romance Kirk. The scene is gothic castle (or trick-or-treat castle as they call it in the episode), which makes it even more difficult to conjure up images of caftan, but I think it works.

1 comment:

  1. OMG I can't believe I've missed all these caftan postings!! I saw some good ones hanging on racks in the streets of Italy.. but didn't buy one of them! What's wrong with me??

    ReplyDelete